Saturday 11 June 2011

The French Pharmacy













One of the many charms of living in Paris for the year includes having constant access to that holy grail of beauty: the French Pharmacy. If pouring over Into the Gloss and tearing out pages out of the beauty supplements of Vogue has taught me one thing, it is that, when it comes to skin care, French products are the crème de la crème of the skin care industry. Here are a few of my favourite French discoveries, any other recommendations are welcome!

Bioderma Crealine H2O Micelle Solution: A favourite amongst make up artists, this is frankly the best cleanser you will ever use, it is super calming on the most sensitive skins and gets rid of even the most stubborn eye makeup.

Homeoplasmine: Meant for skin irritations, works perfectly on chapped lips to condition and plump. The French equivalent of Lucas Paw Paw Ointment.

La Roche-Posay Anthelios Sunscreen: A very effective and affordable sunscreen that has a large selection of skin type specific variations. As someone who burns incredibly easily, this is a must-have. It doesn't appear greasy on the skin so I can wear it as a substitute to moisturiser in the summer season.

Avibon: Rich in vitamin A, this product is great for getting rid of blemishes and tackling dry skin.

Embryolisse: Cult moisturiser used by everyone from Jane Birkin to Gaia Repossi which is said to simultaneously cleanse and moisturise the skin. It can also be applied as a mask for when your skin is feeling especially parched. Also a great primer for makeup.

Klorane Camomile Shampoo: I usually like to chop and change the products that I use in my regime so that my skin and hair don't get too used to anything. Having said that I have used this shampoo every time I have washed my hair for the past year! It leaves my hair clean and soft and actually lives up the claims that it enhances and lifts your natural highlights. Their Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oatmilk is also brilliant for in between washes.

Decléor Aromessence Rose D'Orient: This oil immediately calms irritations and gives a luminessence to the skin. Smells absolutely DIVINE.

If you happen to be in Paris, my recommendation would be City-Pharma in St Germain as it's tax free!

(Photograph: Into The Gloss)

17 comments:

  1. fortunately we have the french pharmacy products here ( ithink the french ex-pats made a pact of some sorrt...) so i understand and share your bliss. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Thanks for the tips, due to work I'll leave for France tomorrow and will try to stop by a pharmacy to give these products a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. filing all this away for my trip in a couple of weeks (!!!).

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! The second best thing would be the Japanese pharmacy - they're dirt cheap and works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Le vernis à ongles qui est sur ta photo est vraiment super, j'ai testé et approuvé!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I have such a long wishlist already and now you...! ;) Lovely post though!
    Just a question: City-Pharma, is that the 'Pharmacie' corner store (google streetview)?

    ReplyDelete
  7. bloesem: Yes, that's the one! It's always super busy so be prepared to fight your way in!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's why I love living in a country next to France :p

    I use a lot of La Roche-posay products..

    http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool recommendations...some of this stuff we can strangely, find in faraway Singapore, but the rest would make cool buys for my family. I like buying beauty products as souvenirs, esp since the women in my family really love this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be visiting Paris in a month. Will definitely have to find some French beauty items to bring home.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. City_pharma is the best and the prices are really good. You can get 2 Bioderma Crealine H2O Micelle Solution for the price of 1.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent products! I'm lucky that I can get these products in New York, although they are heavily marked up. I always look forward to stopping by the pharmacy when I travel to Paris and taking advantage of the price.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this - only this morning I did a very similar post! The French Pharmacy cannot be topped, I love going into each and every one. Such high quality products. There are a few on this list I haven't tried - so looking forward to my next visit already! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello everyone i am completely new to this blogs.
    Interested in learning many new things. Hope we all will share our
    knowledge and talk about different concepts in this blog.online pharmacy no prescription needed

    ReplyDelete
  16. Try Biotherm Skin Energetic nuit it is an awesome detox treatment!

    ReplyDelete