Monday 20 June 2011

The Icon: Tomboy






































I know I have written about Argentinean stylist Marina Muñoz's style before, but this is just pure outfit perfection. I never cease to be impressed by the way she so effortlessly exudes that elusive tomboy ease with a confidence I can only hope to emulate in my day to day dressing. Inspired by classic tomboy icons such as Jane Birkin and Charlotte Rampling, as well as photographer August Sander's portraits, Marina is a one of a kind style maverick. You can only imagine how happy I was to discover she was Vogue.fr's most recently featured Une fille un style...

Gaucho Gipsy Ethnic Chic, quatre mots indissociables qui me décrivent parfaitement. Tout ce que je possède est d'abord un choix personnel, un choix que je fais au hasard de mes rencontres, mes voyages, la musique que j'écoute, les livres que je lis. Ce sont ces choix qui font mon style. - Marina Muñoz

(photograph: Street Peeper)

10 comments:

  1. I love her style too - it's consistent without being too one-note, and it feels so genuine. I think the hat is a big part of making her outfits stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too, just perfect. The pants, the shirt....

    ReplyDelete
  3. mais son goût est plus chic bobo...;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blog, I just spent a few hours devouring it.
    xx
    www.katesfashioncloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it! this is how i'd like to dress every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Toms on her; they're such a nice, casual shoe that really makes the entire outfit relaxed. The effect would be totally different if she were wearing oxfords!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the womans shoes

    http://avenuemode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your outfit (:
    so cool!


    thewallsaroundus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed very chic and very stylish. I agree with everything you said.

    ReplyDelete